What might you say if you ran across a website entitled "God hates women," or "God hates latinos," or "God hates blondes." You may or may not have your own prejudices but does God really hate? Anybody? He created us all. And what might you think if that sentiment was generated by a Baptist minister?
Well, here's what I think: Christ called the sinners, not the righteous. Christ actually said, let he who is without sin cast the first stone. After the expulsion from the garden of Eden, all people are sinners. Christ was not an advocate of conversion by force, he was an advocate of leading by example.
So I say to Pastor Fred Phelps, poor you. Poor pitiful you who suffers with such hate in your heart. I hope one day you actually do the work of God instead of making the world a more hateful, miserable place to be. I hope, beyond hope, that you will stop bastardizing Christianity.
No comments:
Post a Comment