Sunday, November 06, 2005

Let's read.....

Here's my train of thought:
I'm looking forward to Thanksgiving....warm kitchen, sage, family, Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade...
I visit Macys.com... see pics of the parade, get some history but it's not enough.
So, I visit the New York Public Library Website and see pictures of parades gone by-- 1930's and 40's...I love the old Felix the Cat Balloon.. God I wish I could time travel.
What's This? Something else has caught my attention on NYPL.org.. it's LOCKSS.
What does that mean? I wonder to myself ... (click)
The first poetry and prose journal to grab my attention is Failbetter.
I like the name.. for I am always looking for ways to fail better. If at first you don't succeed... find better ways to fail.
And here they are! A list of nice short stories! Good to read at work if you happen to work in a library and you happen to sit at a computer when not assisting patrons..
I especially like "Break Up" by Douglas Light and "Someone's Drunk Wife" by Susan Buttenwieser.
I love Sundays.

No comments: